Disneyland Resort Pumpkin Twists ~ My Take

I saw these treats on my latest Disneyland Resort visit, but found that even I couldn't eat all day, so missed these.
 Therefore, I was glad when the recipe and 'how to do' video showed up. The video was short and left out some steps, so I was a bit confused. So I printed out the recipe and was still a bit confused since the recipe says makes six. Six what? Six twists? Six huge sheets? Nope, the original recipe used 3 boxes of puff pastry so made 3 large sheets cut into 1 1/2" twists, etc. It just seemed easier to cut it down to a home sized treat, so here it is.

2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons white sugar
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (I didn't have this so used a mixture of cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice)
1 teaspoon instant pectin (What? I had liquid pectin. Is this that? I didn't know so just left it out)
1/3 cup pumpkin puree (I heaped it)
Milk wash of 1 egg plus a bit of milk
Sanding sugar (none to be found in my town so just used regular)

Combine brown and white sugar, 1/2 of the pumpkin pie spice and pectin in a small bowl. Add pumpkin puree and mix well.

Lightly dust wax paper with flour, and place on it one sheet of puff pastry.  Roll lightly to remove creases. Spread pumpkin mixture over pastry, almost to, but not at, edge.
Roll out second sheet on another piece of flour dusted waxed paper.

Gently flop this second piece on top of the pumpkin coated piece and  lightly press down.

Refrigerate for 15 minutes, then cut into 1 1/2 inch strips. Preheat over to 400 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Carefully put your pumpkin strips on the sheet and twist.. Coat with egg wash and sanding sugar mixed with rest of the pumpkin pie spice, and bake for 22-24 minutes. Cool in pan for 5 minutes then transfer to cooling rack.
Verdict? Winner!