Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival ~ Bacon Macaroni and Cheese Recipe

There were plenty of great choices at the Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival. A favorite with many (since it seemed to sell out fast) was the Bacon Macaroni and Cheese from the Bacon Twist Kiosk. And why not? As everyone knows, bacon makes everything better.
This tasty offering was a basic macaroni and cheese, topped with crispy smoky bacon pieces and crunchy onions. Simple. Why didn't I think of this before?
So when I got home I decided to duplicate this dish. I started out with a decent quality box mix (I used the Cracker Barrel Macaroni and Cheese with Bacon. Never hurts to have more bacon, in my opinion) If you wanted to really be fancy you could make macaroni and cheese from scratch. Then you simply top it off with bacon pieces you've fried up and French Fried onions. Don't mix it in,. you want to keep the crunch factor.
As you can see it couldn't be easier, but it's a nice way to elevate macaroni and cheese from standard to craveable. I'll have this again.