Disneyland Mickey's Tales of Adventure Breakfast Buffet

There's a new Character Breakfast at the Disneyland resort! Mickey's Tales of Adventure replaces Chip n Dale's Critter Breakfast at Storytellers Café located at the Grand Californian Hotel and Spa Resort. My favorite character meal has always been Breakfast with Minnie and Friends at the Plaza Inn inside Disneyland, but this new offering gives it a strong run for the money.
 
 
Storytellers Café is a beautiful restaurant, rich in the Arts and Crafts style that matches the Grand Californian.
The breakfast buffet offers all the usual items you'd expect, such as meats, eggs, omelet station, fruit, and pastries, but there are many special treats that make this meal unique.
 
I especially liked the Aqua Frescas that were self serve at the beginning of the buffet line. So refreshing and delicious! I'd considered ordering one of the alcohol drinks such as the Mimosa, but the price tag put me off. I'm glad I didn't! The Aqua Frescas fit the bill.
Can we talk waffles? The Mickey Head waffles, such standard fare at Disneyland, have been elevated to Flavors of the Wilderness Waffles, I'm not sure what this means, but I wish I had a plate in front of me right now. There's also toppings for the waffles, among them the ever popular hazelnut spread.
The most odd, initially, item offered is the cereal milk, served in tied off plastic bags with a straw popping out of the top. Essentially this is the milk in the bottom of your cereal bowl which has taken on the flavor of the cereal. Don't think it's weird and pass this up. It's surprisingly good!
The food's so fun it looks like I've left the characters for last. The original gang is here, decked out in their adventure safari-like garb. The characters do VERY well making the rounds, gesturing and posing with all the guests without being stingy of their time. There is also a participation event for the kids to march around the restaurant with Mickey and gang.
 
This is the only Character Meal that Mickey attends and with the beautiful setting and delightful meal, is sure to be a popular venue for a long time to come. Not to be missed.