No More Somedays ... Are You Ready to Travel?

 






We’ve all done it.

“Someday I’m definitely going to Hawaii!”

“We should go with all of the family to Walt Disney World. Someday”

“Wow, I’d love to take a tour of Italy. Maybe someday”

If the past year has taught us anything, it’s that life can change at any time. Plans can go awry out of our control, but that’s no reason to not plan. And for me, looking forward to a trip is great way to feel focused and optimistic about a future event. Through the years I’ve regretted many purchases (I’m talking to you crazy print leggings), but I’ve never regretted a trip. The saddest thing is when ‘someday’ turns into ‘never’.

Some ‘somedays’  I’m glad I’ve followed through on, from a long drive in a barely limping along station wagon ala Chevy Chase, to a trip with a special animation tour that cemented a childhood love of drawing to a career, to never forgotten trips with friends, to a 1st Disney visit with grandchildren, and one proclaiming at every special surprise “It’s Disney magic”, and the oft repeated story of the little girl all dressed up in Princess garb, being afraid of that big plastic head Minnie and throwing her sparkly wand at her. Minnie, with classic aplomb, dusted off the wand and headed it back with a blown kiss. You never forget how the shy little boy loved interacting with a Mary Poppins penguin, and still remembering it as he prepares for Marine basic training. 

You never forget the spitfire girls dressed as Princesses, now all teens, or the year all the children and grandchildren traveled together, watching Fantasmic! with faces bright and amazed.

So many cherished memories that wouldn’t have happened had ‘someday’ been enough.

But it’s hard to make it happen. Indeed it is. As I’ve heard “if you think you’ll succeed or fail, you’re right”. It’s a mindset and a commitment. Face it, many trips cost a lot. You can’t just pull it out of your back packet and go. A plan to save, make payments, plan ahead, is needed. Skip the daily latte and weekly meal out, and you have a vacation.

How I can help.

A plan: once you have that date set (even if you need to move it), you start looking forward. I currently have two ‘somedays’ planned to actually happen for mid and late 2022. Way out there. One is a guided trip to Ireland, the other is a cruise on the new Disney ship, the Wish. I can help you narrow that dream down to reality and get it set.

Save: Ok, I can’t help much with this, but I can with the Make Payments part. Many clients just have a general payment plan set up with me, having me make payments on a trip at a set time monthly. Getting married or have some other occasion? You can have your gifts go right on that trip by having gift givers contact me to pay whatever they wish on your future memory.

I always remember that you only have 18 summers with your children, and unknown years in whole. Successful trip planning isn’t an impulse. Without a plan, it’s just a dream.

As a travel planner, I work with you at no cost. I’m compensated by suppliers only after you travel and only if you use me as your agent. My pricing is direct from the suppliers, no hidden anything. If you choose to click that button and impulsively book on your own, it’s important to understand that that company has their mission is accomplished and they have no further interest in caring for you. My work just begins at that point, and I go with you through the process all the way until you return home. As they say, ‘the internet doesn’t have a phone number’. I do, and as a boutique agency I’m available for you as much as possible.

Are you ready to move those ‘somedays’ into plans? I’m ready to help. Let’s get started and seize the day and enjoy the future.

nancy@magicfeathermemories.com